Having a Night Nanny offers invaluable in-home support, while allowing new parents to get their much needed rest. A Night Nanny provides the peace of mind that their baby is being well taken care of, throughout the night.
• Complete Newborn Care
• Feeding support, breast or bottle
• Soothing, changing, burping, swaddling and snuggling
• Encouraging good sleep habits
• Guidance with newborn concerns and questions
• Emotional support
• Documenting nightly events, followed by suggestions, tips etc.
• Additional care for date nights, etc.
• Flexible hours/number of days
As a Postpartum Doula, it is my goal to ease your transition into your new life with your newborn. Having good support in place ensures an easier adjustment for all family members. The following services are tailored to meet the unique needs of each family.
• Caring for Mom during her emotional and physical recovery after birth
• Help create a nurturing and quiet environment for the family
• Breastfeeding support and instruction
• Sibling support
• Newborn care
• Provide evidence-based information
• Assistance in understanding baby's cues
• Light housekeeping, errands
• Soothing techniques
• Night time support to help parents transition more smoothly into the challenges of night time parenting
• Encourage Mother-baby bonding
• Resources and referrals
This is the first meeting where we are able to introduce ourselves in person, have an opportunity to discuss your questions and concerns, and learn more about my Doula services, and how I can best help you during your pregnancy, labor and postpartum period. This meeting is at no cost, and does not obligate you in any way. We can meet in public or I can come to your home.
Once I have been hired, we will plan our prenatal visits in the weeks or months before your due date. These visits allow us to build a relationship and to discuss how we will best work together. I will assist you in gathering information on all of your options and preferences and together, create your birth plan.
Photo by Trudy Holtz
I am always available to discuss any concerns or questions that you may have throughout your pregnancy and postnatal period.
My services to you include continuous labor and birth support for you and your partner/family members. I will come to you as soon as active labor is established. I will assist your partner in giving you the unique emotional and physical care that you need. I will provide encouragement, reassurance, massage, positioning, suggestions for labor progress and of course, your loved ones will be cared for in the process.
If you would like to record any aspect of your labor or birth on film, I am happy to do so for you. Pictures taken immediately after the birth have become treasures to many clients.
I can assist in developing a successful breast-feeding relationship with your baby.
I will meet with you after your baby is born, and you’ve had a chance to settle in at home. You can use this time for whatever is needed. I am available to assist with breast-feeding, emotional care and adjusting to your new role. I also have an extensive list of resources and referrals.